Yup, I’m on a beach!
April Fools! Gotcha!
I’m not on a beach in Greece.
However, now that I think of it, the joke’s on me because I wish I were on a Grecian beach right now 😅 I’m sad I haven’t done much traveling these past three months, but at least my travel-hiatus is within good reason. January, February, and March flew by faster than I expected.
Ready for a 3-month life update while we enjoy beautiful beach photos of places I hope to visit? Let’s go!
January 2017 Recap
- Started the year off by reaching my 1,000 subscriber goal on YouTube 😍
- I met Jessica MacCleary in real life for the first time and filmed a few videos with her before she left to the Philippines. Who knew we’d end up being the best of friends after that whole day and night together?!
- I went to Disneyland on a rainy day. I thought the no-line Disneyland day was great, but I ended up being sick for two weeks after 😷 I was bed ridden and worried I wouldn’t make my deadline to launch this blog, but we made it fam. I launched this blog on the day I originally planned for.
- When I was functioning at 100% again, I finalized my recommendation letters for my grad school application and started my writing samples and personal statements.
February 2017 Recap
- I started working with Offset | SHWA Inc.
- My best friend Shannon won Miss Yorba Linda 2017!
- Attempted daily vlogging again… but failed.
- Reached 2,000 subscribers on February 8th 🎥
- Celebrated a “Week of Pagibig” during the week of Valentine’s Day! (Note: pagibig means ‘love’ in Tagalog) I talked about wedding and dating superstitions and how to kilig.
- Started working with Pilipino Stickers on a project, stay tuned!
- Then, I completely disappeared on social media for the last two weeks of February. Sorry about that 😅 I had to organize my finances, pay for taxes, and turn in my application for grad school. On top of that, it got crazy busy at work so… *Exit Scene*
March 2017 Recap
- Reached 3,000 subscribers on March 14th 🎥
- My skin was super clearing up again because I was getting more sleep, so I decided to make a Makeup for Morena Skin video.
- I finally filmed a Q&A video I’ve been procrastinating for too long.
- Experienced Offset’s first ever SUUUGOIISATURDAY.
I thought I did much more in March, because it was madness… but when I look back, I realize the madness happened because of work. While I was working with Offset, business picked up and a lot of my freelance projects piled up out of no where. Being busy is a “good problem” too have though, because I know what it’s like not be busy — and not have a stable income.
Anyway, good news!
I’m blogging again 😄 I always go back and forth about making this blog too personal and journal-y, but I figured there’s no such thing as too personal with me. I also reminded myself of how much I love blogging without boundaries.
This webspace is my space, so I could create and share whatever I please. All haters can leave and all online friends can stay here, and be positive and celebrate life with me.
Hope you enjoyed the life update 💙 I’ll be back later tonight to tell you all about my work as a freelance photographer with the City of Garden Grove. Until then…
— lots of virtual hugs —